Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 30: Blueberries

Day 30:  Composition, Rule of Thirds

So here we are -- the last day!  I wanted to go out with a bang, but I used up all my inspiration yesterday.  I sure am glad I saved the easiest technique for last! Tonight I had to fall back on my dinner (no, not literally, silly!).  I remembered that the dodge tool is my friend, and got rid of the black shadow on the front of the focal blueberry.  I know the color isn't quite there, but I did my best adjusting the jpeg.  (Not sure why Elements will process the DNGs sometimes, but not others.)

6 comments:

  1. This is a great shot and a good example of RoTs. I love the sharp focus on the front berry and fork, and the soft impression of a WHOLE BOWL to be had yet! Nicely done. The pale blue bowl works well with the black berries too.

    And very well done for finishing the whole of this challenge! An excellent effort and a great job all round. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool shot...multi-dimensional! They almost look like chocolate, and that's a good thing! Congratulations on completing the challenge and thank you so much for your many comments on my images. It's been fun and I look forward to seeing more work from you on W1000! Remember, when you wake up in the middle of the night this week, panicked that you forgot to upload an image, that we're all DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how big that blueberry looks and how small the bowl does. Wonderful illusion.

    Congratulations on completing the whole 30 days. It's quite an accomplishment. Good luck in the hxh round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 30 day finish...
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how we can still see the berries in the background and how they are all facing different directions.

    Congrats on finishing this draconian challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice dof shot. you did well. Congratulations on making the end :-)

    ReplyDelete